Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

I love that there is a day to celebrate Dads. Especially since I not only have a great one of my own, but because God has blessed me with an amazing Daddy for my beautiful girls. He is kind, he is patient (especially when I am not), he knows how to have lots of fun, he can throw an amazing dance party, he loves us, and he works hard for us every day. One of the things that I have loved most about Neal as a Daddy is seeing how much he has thrown himself into being the center of Meredith's world (and I know this list will expand to include things that he does specifically for Jillian pretty soon!) He takes a Meercat to work with him every day because she decided he needed to. He got up on stage at a big dance recital in an 80s outfit. He gets talked into letting her stay up late to watch baseball games. So when Meredith decided she he needed a Star Wars lunchbox to take with him to work, I knew he would take that in stride!

She actually set out to get him Star Wars underwear "because he loves that movie" (I guess her underwear has characters from her favorite shows and movies, why shouldn't his, right?) Sadly, Target did not have Star Wars underwear. But when she saw the lunch box, she knew that was a great alternative! And since, he actually does take his lunch to work quite a bit, and usually uses a grocery sack, I didn't think it was that bad of an idea. Of course, I had to grill her, begging her not to tell what we had gotten him. When we saw him after buying it she yelled "Daddy, guess what we got at Target?" I reminded her not to tell, to which she replied "I wasn't going to tell him about his present, I wanted to tell him about the other stuff we got." Come to find out, only a few minutes later, when I was out of earshot, she told him all about it in a whispered voice, even when reminded her it was supposed to be a surprise. Oh well!


Someday, I hope she can look at this picture and remember back to the days he took this with him to work and know that it shows how much he truly loves her and know that not all dads would do the things he does for her.

Neal, we are so blessed to have you in our lives and as the Daddy in our house - your three girls love you tremendously!

No comments: