Monday, May 23, 2011

Tumbling All the Way!

Last week was also the wrap-up of a year of Jillian's tumbling class. She has grown so much throughout this year. She started off the year hating going in - I would listen to her screaming from the waiting room and wonder if I should go rescue her/her teachers. After a month or so, she was still hesitant, but would warm up quickly (at that point, I would hear cries occasionally, but the teachers assured me that they were only because she didn't want to wait her turn!) But the last few months have been a different story. As soon as she sees her class door open, she grabs her "pack pack" and heads in all by herself - no tears at all and not wanting my help! I have loved watching her not only learn tumbling skills, but also learn her colors and counting and other skills from Miss Aubrey. It has been such a great experience for her.
Lucky for me, the recital was Mommy participation. Here we are supposed to be walking like bears. Jillian is cheating by the way.
"Ta Da!" The signature finish to a somersault
Donkey kicks - she had lots of fun with these (especially since you get to make Donkey noises)
What 2 year old wouldn't want to jump on a mini trampoline while singing "1 Little Monkey..."?
Baby pull-ups...
So fun to shout "a-boo!" when you go over the bar
Another ta-da post backwards roll
Miss Aubrey gave them a special treat and let them slide down the "cheese" -it was much appreciated!
At the end of class, it was time for medals!

Lookin pretty proud!
Me and my tumbling cutie!
Posing with Miss Aubrey!

No comments: