Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Last weekend I got to celebrate my birthday for 3 straight days! First, Neal took me out to dinner while Gigi watched the girls. Then, the next day, our family of four celebrated in our favorite way - with Frozen Yogurt! Before heading out for out, the girls gave me a present from them.
A kitty calendar! There is a really long story behind this calendar that I will share with anyone that wants to read it! Last year, the girls and Daddy went to a Chinese restaurant around the beginning of the year. The restaurant gave them a calendar that had all the months on one page and was made of bamboo. It took a very coveted spot in our garage. Meredith loved asking me what day of the week and date it was each day on the way to the car. Sadly, the calendar was all done at the end of 2011, so Meredith wanted a new one. Meredith, Jillian, and Daddy drove back to the restaurant, only to find it closed, so then they headed to B&N and picked out this kitty calendar (since I had kitties when I was little but can't have them now since Daddy is allergic). Such a sweet girl.

Time for YoBerry! I even got calendars (a 3 and 2 singles to make 32) and they sung to me in the store.

Sunday was my actual birthday, so after church, we got to have a yummy pizza lunch with Bubbie and Granddad and then we met up with my whole family at Babe's to celebrate my birthday and Grandma's birthday, too.
Me and Grandma with the Chicken hats ready for the Chicken birthday song at Babe's. Notice, I also got to wear a super special badge all day and there were princess plates, napkins, and paper tiaras for cake after dinner! Hooray for 5 year old little girls planning your birthday!

No comments: