Friday, June 22, 2012

Beach time!

We just got back from a great time in Galveston!  We planned our annual Gigi trip this year back to the condo Neal and I took the girls last summer.  They were both so excited to go to the beach!
 Meredith got right to work building a sand castle
 Jillian took a bit longer to warm up to it all...
 But we started off with a pretty fun castle
 Then, if you look really hard, you can see my handy work at a sand hippo....
 ...and a sand turtle!
 The girls loved playing hide and seek with the big sand dune.
 Day 2 was a little overcast and then eventually rained, but it was really windy, so perfect kite weather!
 Look how high we got that thing!
 Jillian got to fly hers, too!  It eventually flew away and just stayed high above the condos for a long time - then later in the morning, a nice guy brought it back to us after rescuing it off the roof!
 We met two sweet girls that were just about the girls ages and we had a blast playing with them for the rest of the trip - they even convinced Jillian to get a little dirty and also coaxed Meredith out into the waves....for a bit!  She eventually got splashed in the mouth and didn't really want to go back unless I held her.  Jillian had fun going with me to jump in the waves and then race them back to shore.  My goal for my next beach trip with the girls is to get them really excited about the ocean so I can do what I love to do when I am there!
 On Wednesday, we went on this Dolphin Boat tour!
 Jillian was a little nervous about the boat itself, but once she saw a few dolphins, she was all smiles!
 There is a happier girl!
 Just two of the tons of dolphins we got to see!  The girls never got tired of spotting new ones!

Posing, post-tour!

No comments: