Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween

This was the first halloween when my girls didn't choose coordinating costumes and at first I was kind of sad - I knew this was coming, but still I loved the pictures that went so nicely together!  But when they had settled on these costumes, I couldn't have been more thrilled because what they picked were both so perfect for them!  

Jillian started off this summer saying she couldn't wait to be a Unicorn.  I was not sure how easy that was going to be to pull off until she and I were shopping for Meredith's birthday and we came across a aisle of clearance costumes at Party City.  And lo-and-behold - there was a super cheap unicorn costume that she fell in love with!  I at first wondered if she would change her mind, but realized that with as much as it was discounted, I couldn't go wrong even if she did switch!  As we were about to walk out, I saw a Betsy Ross costume hanging there.  Meredith loves history and had been reading about Betsy Ross, so I decided to take a chance on this one, too.  And she loved it as much as Jillian loved the Unicorn!  
Betsy Ross and her Unicorn!






Meredith's one request was that we make her a bag for her candy that would look just like Betsy's flag - complete with a needle so she could pretend to sew it.  She planned every last detail of the bag and it was perfect!  Jillian soon requested a bag too - one that would hold her stuffed unicorn and have a gold sparkly unicorn on the front.  These girls have a keen eye for design!



Here are the finished bags - I was pretty proud and the girls were super excited!

No comments: