Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Remembering Grandpa Geurin

Just a few days after Christmas, I got a call from my parents letting me know that my sweet Grandpa had gone to heaven.  He was such a special guy to me.  Neil and I would go stay with my grandparents every summer when we were kids.  He would take us fishing and hunting for lightning bugs.  We climbed trees and shot a bow and arrow.  We picked blueberries and watched silly movies.  I had an inside joke with him where I would always steal his handkerchief from his pocket. It was always so fun.  They lived in Missouri, so I never got to see them as much as I would have liked, but we did take the girls up to see them several times and they each thought he was just as fantastic as I did and he thought they were pretty great, too!  Here are some sweet pictures of the girls with their Great Grandpa.

Early the following week, we all loaded up and drove to Missouri so that we could be there for the funeral.  And luckily even when you have to go to a sad funeral out of town, you do get to stay in a hotel, so the girls kept themselves busy with the indoor pool!
She is just the silliest!

And they shared a queen sized bed.  Or should I say that Meredith let Jillian have a fraction of an inch of the queen sized bed!

The service was very nice and after we got to spend some time with the rest of our family that we don't get to see enough!

Me, Neil and our cousins - Jason, Sarah and Seth.

We also let Grandma have some sweet bonding time with all of her Great Grands!  '

We love you Grandpa - I will miss you so much!




No comments: