Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Movin on up

A few weeks ago we made the big transition to big girl bed for Meredith! I was a little nervous the day of, because the night before, Neal and I worked diligently to clean out the extra bedroom to make room for Meredith's old baby furniture. When she woke up and walked past the room she was a bit disturbed to find all of the things that used to be there gone. But after a quick explanation, the transition was relatively easy. She napped well the first day and didn't protest at all the first night. Since then, we have lots of requests for us to sleep in her bed and she has figured out that she can open her door without getting out of bed if she doesn't agree that it is quite bedtime yet - we are just hoping she is this easy at adjusting to all the changes she is about to experience.

And best of all, she has seemed to actually like that her old stuff is now in Jillian's room. We are still working hard to get the new nursery all put together - I bought her some new bedding on a great sale, so now I am just looking for the perfect accessories like I worked so hard to find for Meredith - hopefully I will have pictures to show of her room soon!

Meredith's big girl bed, which can be a trundle, so perfect for little girl sleep overs! I kept the same decor in the room as she had in her nursery because I liked it so much. All I had to do was get new bedding, which thanks to Gigi and her fantastic shopping skills, we were able to find this comforter that is almost identical to the toddler blanket that we had orignally, so it looks great with everything else, too!

I looked hard to find some furniture that had a desk to match so that she could use this furniture as she grows - I am thinking we might need to get a bigger chair before then, I guess!

I am really happy with how it is turning out, now I just need to rearrange some of the things on the walls to get them centered over the new furniture, but I'll get to that sooner or later!

A little "big girl" all snuggled up in her bed!

1 comment:

Ginny V said...

You are such a sweet mama!