Saturday, August 15, 2009

Goodbye AA!

Yesterday was a very bittersweet day for me. After over 7 years, I left American Airlines so that I could be a full-time stay-at-home mom.

I started at American just a few months after I graduated from college, working on email marketing campaigns. A few years later, I started on a new team, marketing our frequent flyer credit card. That role was followed by another email campaign job, then an account manager position and then finally my most recent position working on marketing plans. I was incredibly blessed with everything from fantastic friends, bosses that taught me so much with each role, opportunities to travel to new places, and roles that I enjoyed all along the way. It is also fun for me to think about being at American doing everything from planning a wedding, adopting a dog, buying two different houses, and welcoming two beautiful little girls into our lives.

This has been a long-thought-out decision full of lots of prayers and financial spreadsheets and scrimping at the grocery store! And today we are all excited to see what next week will bring with me devoted 100% to the most important job I could imagine. I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband that works so hard every day to make this work for our family!

This will beat those grey cubed walls anyday! :)

1 comment:

Katie Geurin said...

Congratulations! Meredith and Jillian are so lucky to have a mom and dad that love them sooo much and want the very best for them. The very best is you!