Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cookie Time!

To ease into the sugar-overload that is Halloween, Meredith was insistent that we make chocolate chip cookies last week. We carved out some time on Friday morning to start up the baking! All was going really well until I tried to "help" Meredith use our cookie-dough baller-thing...that is when I pinched her finger in the spring and poor Meredith was out of commission. She sat on the couch telling me that she wouldn't be able to go to a Halloween carnival the next day, even! To cheer her up a bit, I introduced her to the awesomeness that is cookie dough. I typically wait until she is out of the room to sneak some dough for me since it isn't the best thing for you, but since I felt a tad guilty for the injury, I decided to let her in on the secret! Since then, she has shown everyone we have seen her "bleed" (including lots of the people we trick-or-treated, a minister or two at church, her music teacher in the hall this morning, and on and on...)
My baking helpers, complete with aprons from Aunt Sandy!
Stirring up all the ingredients.
Jillian's turn!
Looks like Jillian approves of the final product!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your girls are just the sweetest things ever! can't wait until wyatt is big enough to help me in the kitchen - of course I will get him a manly blue boy apron :)