Thursday, March 28, 2013

Kindergarten Easter

After Jillian's party and a quick lunch, she and I headed up to Hill for Meredith's Easter Egg hunt!

 Such a sweet big sister letting her little sis hang out with her!
 Mrs. Hoelscher's class lined up and ready for the hunt
 Not sure if I should be proud or tell the kid to break a rule, but they were told to walk, not run.  So even though Meredith's class was in the middle of the pack, she ended up being pretty much the last kid to hit the eggs because everyone else was running.  
 The eggs were all numbered which was such a great idea - the kids had to think about their eggs and so it took longer! Meredith was again so great - letting Jillian help her find the eggs she still needed.
 A quick photo-op with Hannah!
And with sweet Abbey!
 Meredith's friends that she spends most of her time with in her class are Allie, Abbey, and Addie.  Seriously.  Addie was sick today but I got a picture of Meredith with her other A friends!
 After the hunt, the kids had plenty of time to play on the playground.  These girls always tell me on the ride home that they love to play together at recess because they don't have class together.  I was so happy I got to witness a little bit of that.

Then it was snack time!  I thought the room moms were each bringing a cookie for their class, so I started making these chocolate chip Easter basket cookies - they are small, so I was going to make 2 per kid.  Then, come to find out, my friend, Jill was supposed to get cookies for ALL the classes and she didn't know that until 4pm yesterday.  Since I already was well on my way to having 40 of these suckers done, I just told her I would keep baking, so I ended up making 120 or so (give or take the ones I ate!) I felt a little crazy, but it was fun and I was glad to give the kids something special (even though I am sure they would have been just as happy with some store-bought generic something!)



No comments: