Sunday, December 15, 2013

Big Day for Meredith Ann

Earlier this Fall, Meredith began asking us lots and lots of questions about what it meant to be a Christian.  She has come to us with these kinds of questions several times over the past few years and we answered them but didn't push too much, being cautious that she might be on the young side for such a big, big decision.  But as those questions ramped up, we decided to sign her up for a class our church does for kids for several weeks.  They go through lots of the same kinds of questions she had been asking, talk to them about baptism and communion, and teach them about prayer and scripture.  Immediately after the first meeting, she started telling us she was ready to be a Christian.  Again, we were a little hesitant and told her to keep praying and going to her class.  That night, I went to the grocery store after putting the girls to bed.  When I got home, Neal showed me this note that she had written.  I immediately cried and prayed, asking God to forgive me for doubting this sweet girl.  I went in immediately to pray with her, but she was already asleep.  Again, I prayed throughout the night and the next day.  At bed time that next night, November 4th, Neal and I held her hand as she prayed to ask Jesus in her heart.  I am not sure I have had a better moment as a mom.  This moment was the single most important mothering moment of my life (with Meredith anyway).  
Note written on November 3, 2013 translated - "Mom and Dad I want to be a Christina now.  I want my sins forgiven"

After her prayer, we set up time to talk to the Children's Minister, Mr. David.  He talked to her about what all of this meant to her, he shared his testimony with her and asked me to share mine as well. The next step at our church is to make a public profession of faith.  We had to "plan" this to make sure that we would be in town as well as Bubbie who wanted to watch her granddaughter go down to the front.  So on December 15th, the three of us walked to the front of the church where she shared her decision with Dr. Wiles and the rest of the church.  Such a sweet, sweet day.
Dr. Wiles presenting Meredith to the church

Sending my little girl off to Sunday School on her big day!



No comments: