Sunday, January 19, 2014

Houston Half Marathon

Months and months and months ago, Neal and I decided to join our friend Mike in Houston for a Half Marathon.  As I started training, I joined with a new running partner, Khrystal. We met last year while training for the Cowtown Half and saw each other here and there since, but we knew that our desire to run and our need for early morning runs, made us a running partnership made in heaven!  Over the months of training, we spent hours together out on the streets talking about everything.  I am so lucky to say that my running partner became one of my closest friends!  As the Houston Half approached, I was a little anxious - how was I going to run 13.1 miles without Khrystal?!?! But then just a few weeks before, Neal was doing his 10 mile run and hurt his knee.  He decided he needed to sit the race out.  So, I turned some lemons into lemonade and talked Khrystal into coming with us and using Neal's already-paid-for-bib.  


Pre-race!  If you look closely, her bib very clearly says she is Neal Hanks.  We wondered what people thought of these two Hanks girls (especially the one with the boy's name!)
We were so glad when the race was over - we had trained well, but knew we could have trained harder and that was evident on race day, but in the end, we both beat our previous times!

No comments: