Monday, December 1, 2008

Oh Tamas Tree

Meredith is in love with Christmas trees and loves pointing them out everywhere we go - except that it sounds more like "Tamas Tree!" And for me, this year, I was even more excited to put up the tree than usual because our new house has what I like to call a "Christmas Tree Window." Seriously this was on my wish list when looking for a house. Neal thought this was ridiculous, luckily our realtor confirmed that she has heard this wish before. Now, I am not sure if she was trying to make me feel better or not, but I like to believe I am not totally crazy!

We did have a small issue in that we had a beautiful 9 ft tree that we bought just 2 years ago for our old house with the tallest ceilings ever was not quite going to work in our new house with 8 ft ceilings. Luckily my dad and Neal were able to chop off the bottom chunk of the tree so now it fits perfectly!
Meredith helping add a little pizzaz to the tree! Or to that one little section anyway - she didn't seem to mind ornaments sharing branches and I like it just the way she put them!

The tree topper I made this year after finally giving up on a quest to find one that wouldn't make the whole top of the tree lean over.
The completed tree - perfectly displayed in my Christmas Tree Window!

3 comments:

Katie Geurin said...

Your tree topper looks great! I'm so impressed!

Megan said...

It looks great! I want a Christmas tree window in our next house, too! The only way we could do it in this house is if the tree was in the guest bedroom...

maybe someday! In the meantime, I'll think of your fab window and be happy for you! :o)

Megan said...

PS - Show us a pic from the outside looking in! :o)