Sunday, February 8, 2009

Field Trip

Today was a fun day - the photography class that I am taking had a field trip to the Botanical Gardens, so we decided to all go as a family. Even though the assignments were more focused on things like leading lines and composition, and were probably meant to focus on the beautiful scenery, there were several classmates that used Meredith a time or two and I definitely decided to get a few too.
At least this one I got some "leading lines" from the bridge to point to the perfect photo subject!

Meredith's favorite part of the field trip was helping carry the tripod. Then she decided that the tripod was her camera, so she would have to get Daddy to set it up when I stopped for other shots so she could take pictures of the water or the rocks or whatever else her little artistic mind found appropriate. Her photography technique of course included reminding her subject to say "Cheese!"

3 comments:

Katie Geurin said...

I love her bangs swept away so that we can see her pretty face!

Ginny V said...

I am so impressed that you are taking a photography class! If you need to practice on babies, we have a pretty cute six month old . . . .
I LOVE the big bow too :)

Megan said...

She is so beautiful and is looking so grown up! She's going to be a great big sister!