Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The little patient

I came down with a very un-fun stomach bug Monday night, so was staying pretty close to the couch or bed all day yesterday and today. Meredith was so sweet, she knew that I wasn't feeling very well, so she would come over to me throughout the day and kiss my tummy, then proclaim that I was "All better!" She did really well with me not cooperating with our usual play routine for awhile on Tuesday, but luckily, my mom and Neal's mom really came to my rescue by keeping her for me as much as they could (plus Neal's mom brought some great homemade Chicken and Rice soup which really hit the spot!)

Today when I started feeling better, Meredith and I were playing and she got out her doctor kit, which includes a Bert thermometer. She grabbed it up and said "I play with this!" then ran to her bed, climbed in, laid her head on her pillow and put it in her mouth (modeling what she saw me do a few times yesterday.) So it seems now that she thinks the only way you take a temperature is while lying down in bed. Luckily, after taking her own temp she also said she was "all better" so it seems like we are heading in the right direction at our house - hopefully she and Daddy won't catch whatever I had!

1 comment:

Katie Geurin said...

I'm glad you're feeling better!