Sunday, August 22, 2010

What were we up to the rest of August?

So, like I said in the Piggy Tail post, I didn't do much blogging because we were so busy this summer. But now that I am caught up, it doesn't look like we had much going on at all! But the problem was we did lots of stuff that wasn't too camera-friendly, so you will just have to take my word for how much fun we had!

We went to sprinkler parks, pools, and the highlight - Hawaiian Falls! This is a really fun waterpark not too far from our house. We headed there one morning and had a great time floating in the lazy river and exploring the kids play area - Meredith and Jillian both loved going down the kiddie slides! Then Meredith was super brave and she and I tackled some of the big slides - it was a blast!

Meredith and I also went to our second Playcation session at church where the kids learned all about oceans and ocean animals. And then just last week, the girls and I headed out with Gigi and Grandma to see PJ in the play Secret Garden. It was a long play but both girls did great and Meredith really enjoyed all of it!

Now we have just about one more week left before Meredith heads off to preschool again for the fall - I remember worrying before summer started that I wouldn't be able to keep Meredith busy without school, but I was definitely wrong! I will miss getting to spend every day with her once she heads back to school, so hopefully we will get to have lots of fun on our last few days of summer!

No comments: