Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Go Rangers!

On Wednesday night, Neal called me mid afternoon to tell me he could get two free tickets to the Rangers game that night and wanted to see if Meredith wanted to go. I thought this was a no-brainer! When he asked her, though, she sheepishly told him no. I worked on her a bit and asked why. Well, the last time she was there she was terrified of the fireworks that go off after home runs, so she was not going back. Neal and I both talked to her and he promised he would cover her ears if there were fireworks (and he even tipped her off that he thought that the other pitcher would be too good for any homeruns anyway!) After that, she would not stop talking about going! She immediately put on her Rangers shirt, had me go get Neal's to take to him, then we went to the garage to get both of their gloves so they could catch lots of balls (she went on to tell me that she needed a bag because she didn't think they could hold more than about 4 of them in their hands. I encouraged her dream, but also let her know that one ball would be a really nice surprise, but not to get sad if they didn't even get that!). We met Neal as soon as he could get there and I left them for their date! I was so excited to hear more. The first text I got was one with this picture.
Cute, right? It is, but the problem is, they are in the concourse because she has been flipping out because the game is too loud. Luckily, Neal was able to remain calm and get her talked back into going in for a bit longer! He didn't text me for a bit, so I was pretty nervous of how things were going....
Ahhh....luckily, I got this one next! A little time got her calmed down and back to their seats - ready to catch balls!
And, as promised, Neal covered her ears when there was a homerun. Luckily for Meredith, it was actually too windy for fireworks anyway, so she was good to go!

It sounds like after they got through the initial fear, they had a great date night. Neal said he doesn't remember much about the actual game, but with this kind of company, it probably didn't matter anyway!

And while they were there, Jillian and I had a little dinner, did a little shopping, and then as we were leaving the shopping center, we see a fountain with horses in it. From the backseat, I hear "Horsies, mommy, weeeease?" And really, there was no way I could say no! So, we parked, hopped out, and we played and played by the fountain. What a special treat for me and Jillian to get to spend a little mommy-daughter time while big sis got to hang with Daddy!

No comments: