Sunday, September 25, 2011

All About Meredith

For Meredith's second week of school, she got assigned an "All About Me" Big Book project. First, I had to poll my teacher friends to find out what a Big Book was. Then we started brainstorming. She of course, wanted a turtle-shaped book and then we talked through all the information she wanted to tell her friends. Luckily, the book turned out really cute and she and I had lots of fun. It really didn't start off that way. I stressed out way too much over a Pre-K project - how was I going to cut out a turtle? what should the pages be made of? how big should it be? Then, as we were assembling it, I had a hot glue gun set up on the floor (which just sounds ridiculous written out) and when Meredith excitedly came over to pick out paper to put on the pages and she sat her knee directly on it. I felt awful. She retired to the couch for the rest of the night and came up with lots of rules for me using the hot glue gun in the future. Luckily, we were able to get the book done and had an adorable finished project and she told me she had fun doing it together. Of course, she still points out the wound, but hopefully the emotional scars are healing! :)
Meredith's favorite page! It shows a map of where she has traveled, pictures of her favorite trips, and a picture of her first plane ride. Meredith also decorated each of the turtle's faces - this one has Mickey Mouse ears.

No comments: