Thursday, September 8, 2011

Milestone sans pictures

I'll save you pictures on this one, but I want to brag on Miss Jillian. After realizing I had like 3 diapers in the house one day and succumbing to "pressure" from Daddy, about 2 weeks ago, I decided to try to potty train Jillian. I really did it one day hoping that she would not take to it, then I could tell Neal I tried and move on for awhile (I haven't admitted this to him yet, so I am sure he is getting a kick out of reading that little tid bit!) But, to my surprise (not because I didn't think she could do it, I just didn't think she would), she did a fantastic job staying dry - and not only that, she would tell me when she needed to go, not just go when I told her to! We stayed at home the first two days, but then we had the marathon day that was Meredith's birthday. I stuck her in diapers for that day and thought I would probably take a few steps back, but instead, she would just tell me she needed to go and would! Even in weird public restrooms!

We are still working out the kinks - I will spare you details, but she can stay dry all day, we just haven't quite conquered other things...if you get my drift. And since I am sparing you pictures of this, I will share with you a few little stories of her during this because it makes me laugh!

So, when she sits on the potty, this is what she will tell you...."Issss comin.....here comes!" Then her jaw will drop to the floor with her eyes smiling like crazy as she starts to go. I know that was probably the look I gave her the first few times, so now she keeps it up! Especially since we laugh when she does it, she does it even more now.

But there are times when she tries and can't go, and this is what she will tell you..."Isssss comin....here comes!" Then she gets a really concerned look on her face and says "Is not wowkin!" Again, she now laughs when she says this because she knows we think it is hilarious!

A new one she added, I think courtesy of her Sunday School teachers (that told me that the first time they took her they told her to listen for it) she now puts her little hand up to her ear and say "Hear it?"

Man, love that her going potty can be as much fun as she makes just about everything else!

No comments: