Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Hook Em Birthday

We were driving back from San Antonio on Tuesday, which was Neal's actual birthday. To celebrate, we stopped by UT's campus. We started with seeing Born to be Wild at the IMAX at the Texas State History Museum. The girls loved seeing the story about the monkeys and elephants. We had lunch at Players, a burger place on campus that we ate at a lot while there. Then walked down to the bookstore. It was incredibly windy, and surprisingly (ha ha) the sidewalks are not stroller friendly, so we were glad to finally get there! After a little shopping, we cut across campus to show the girls a few of the buildings.

Me with my little Longhorn fans. Although, Jillian appears to be very against this stop. Poor girls, being that it was nap time, a little windy, and they were both not feeling great - I am surprised we got a picture this good!


After our quick "tour," the girls and I had a birthday surprise for Neal. I think I have touched on this on my blog before, but the first birthday Neal had while we were dating was while we lived in the dorms. I wanted to have some kind of cake for him, but didn't have the kitchen to make him one. So, I bought him a Hostess cupcake and he blew out the candles in the study room at the end of my hall in Jester. After that, every year, I have gotten him another Hostess cupcake - they worked well on years when we actually celebrated on a different day than his real birthday or on a few when he was traveling on his birthday (and I would stash them in his suitcase to find when he got to his hotel). This year we just had a great setting to keep this 13 year tradition going!
Happy 33rd Birthday Neal! We love you!

No comments: