Monday, October 24, 2011

My Pumpkins at the Patch

We just barely got in a Pumpkin Patch this year - which says a lot because last year, I think we hit about 4 or 5! And today was a little muddy and started out pretty foggy, but we still had a blast especially because not only did we get to go with Merrick and Caleb, but we also got to meet up with Julie, Anna, and Joseph - and that is always a special treat!

We started off checking out all the character cut-outs...Julie and I decided it is possible our children watch a bit too much TV based on their love for every single one of the hundreds of these they had!
Dora!
Jessie - a big hit for both girls
Jillian was super excited to find the Hippo from Madagascar...
And the Hippo from Backyardigans too!
A picture with Star Wars for Daddy
And Mommy's all-time favorite character (sense the sarcasm) Caillou!

Both girls - getting so big!
Meredy couldn't wait to play in the jail
Jillian was pretty excited at first to climb up into the muddy train

Next up - the Hayride!
Then, of course, is the best part of the Pumpkin Patch for EVERYONE! The time when Mommy wants a perfect picture of everyone happy. Why, oh why, does this never seem to go as flawlessly as planned? Oh, well - what fun would that be?
Good start - Meredith is cooperating. Having fun. Smiling.
Not. Playing. Along.

Jillian will not join in, so we try Silly Meredith.
This picture makes me laugh! This is how we all felt about Jillian's lack of cooperation with my useless need for this picture!
Then we went to this. Poor Beans.
Or should I say, poor Meredith?

Ok, I will settle for a couple of cute ones of them by themselves.
The little playhouse distracted Jillian long enough that I could get them both in the same shot at least.
No smiles, but that is better than tears, right?
And there was some time for a little fun with Anna too!
And hugs for Caleb. Somehow I did not take a single picture of Joseph....possibly because I was so wrapped up in Jillian, oh well.

Even with my self-imposed photography drama, we had lots of fun, again, especially with such great company! Next year, we are either going to do some photo training or I need to leave the camera at home for my own sanity! :)

No comments: