Thursday, November 3, 2011

First Fest and all that Fun

After an already full Halloween weekend (complete with Gigi's school carnival, pumpkin carving, and Pantego's carnival) we topped it off with First Fest, which is a city-wide event our church puts on. The kick-off of First Fest is the Pumpkin Run - I have been running since about March but haven't done any races since my "marathon days", but decided that I might as well! Well, the day of, Meredith kept begging me to win. I had lots of pressure! I talked her down, just told her I was doing it for exercise, but I ended up running with a friend and kept pace with her and was able to come in 2nd for my age group - I even got a medal, which was more than enough to make Meredith pretty proud of her mama!
Right at the finish line!

We quickly left the race to head over to the Levitt Pavillion to watch Meredith dance, her class performed a tap dance to a fast-paced ABC song.
I was pretty proud of how well she did that night - and she had lots of fun!

After a quick costume change, we were ready to go Trunk or Treating with the whole family - then we headed out for a fun dinner before getting home way past bed time but it was all worth it!
Hippo Jillian, Nemo Landon, and Turtle Meredith
Papa joined in for a little fun too!
Sweet Jillian finally realized her dream of being a hippo!
In line for Trunk or Treating Jillian loved playing hide and seek under her hippo hat
Love my girlies!

No comments: