Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy Halloween from Oz

Get ready for Halloween day picture overload!  We started off with the obligatory posed pictures in the front yard!




Such pretty little girls!  I am pretty proud of these costumes - I found one on Pinterest that I liked that was for sale, but I just used the picture as an idea.  I made the super full tutus first and then sewed each Dorothy her own apron to go over the tutus.  At first, Meredith said she didn't think they would look very Dorothy-ish with a tutu, but I thought they were too cute to pass up, so I did a little sweet talking!  And then once they each had on their fluffiness they couldn't stop spinning and twirling.  We found the red shoes at Walmart and Gigi happened to find Totos at Kohl's - throw them into a Dollar Tree basket and we were set!
And then a few minutes to be silly!

Our first trick or treat stop was Grandma's!  She just moved down the street from us, and we caught her having dinner, so she got to show off the girls to her friends!  

After Grandma's, Caleb's grandma, "Duckie" invited us to trick or treat her! 
The girls and Cowboy Caleb
Duckie came out looking silly!

Duckie shared her glasses so the girls could look silly, too.

Next up, we drove to visit Bubbie!

Bubbie and the girls practiced their Yellow Brick Road walk!

After Bubbie's, we met up with everyone at Gigi's for some pizza before trick or treating
Daddy was partially ready as the Tin Man!  He wore his costume to work and even won 2nd prize for his costume!
Jillian loves to play with "Dundle Neil"

I commissioned Aunt Sandy to loan me a Glenda dress for First Fest, which she did, but then she found this awesome Dorothy costume she had made Vic at some point and she mailed it to me!  So, I decided I would trick or treat as Dorothy with the girls - they thought it was pretty fun!
Tin Man and Dorothy

Every Tin Man needs 3 Dorothy's right?

Landon, the Mummy and the girls


After we overloaded the cameras, we headed out to trick or treat!  This year we got to go with our same crew as last year - Landon, Katie, and Caleb and the girls!


After every door, Jillian would turn around and run to me, yelling "Mama, I got some!" It was like it was a surprise every time!

The kids are all getting so big, they were able to navigate the doors all by themselves (there was some good management from Katie, though, that helped to keep doorbell ringing turns fair!)



Such a sweet shot of Tin Man and Dorothy

No comments: