Friday, November 2, 2012

Magic of a Moment

Meredith was super excited to participate in the PTA Reflections Art Contest this year - she brought home the information and while we read about the rules, I told her that I wrote a story that won in High School, to which she told me she was going to write a story and win, too! I was excited to help her get started on her story.  The theme was Magic of a Moment and she decided her story should be about a fairy.  She and I worked together - she told me the story (in quite an animated fashion!) and I typed it up!  The story is about a fairy that comes to kids houses and turns their toys into other things (a stuffed dog into a real dog, a stuffed elephant into a rocking elephant) and then returns home.  The kids write the fairy a letter asking to meet her, but she is "nervous" (Meredith's words exactly) because she has to go all over the world to other kids' houses.  So she decides to use her magic to bring all the kids to her instead where they all play with the things the fairy made together.  She did such a great job with her story and we were super proud of her determination and hard work even just entering.  When I picked her up from school yesterday, she literally RAN to me to tell me that Mr. Day had announced that she won! Needless to say, this mama was even more proud!  She has been excited to tell everyone that will listen! Then last night, we got to go to an Open House to see all the entries and see her ribbon.  Of course, after we went out for some celebratory Frozen Yogurt!

 Look at that smile full of how excited she is!



No comments: