Friday, June 6, 2014

Finishing up First

I can't believe First Grade has come to an end for Meredith.  What a great year for my big girl!  She had a fantastic Homeroom teacher, who was also her math teacher and then an equally great Reading teacher.  In Ms. Thomas' class for math, Meredith started learning multiplication tables and even brought home a division problem or two!  I was blown away by what all she already knows.  And in Reading with Mrs. Griffin, she got to experience some fun writing exercises and, of course, work on reading!  Meredith loved going to the library - especially to check out non-fiction books.  And she also loved her time in music, PE, art and computers.  Really, there isn't much about school that Meredith doesn't love!  Here's how we closed out our school year....
One last lunch with Meredith and her pre-school sister.  Next time I visit for lunch, I will be visiting TWO girls in this cafeteria.

The last two days of school were half days, so we definitely wanted to celebrate!  First up, we gathered up some of Meredith's friends, Hannah, Kenzie, and Addie and we all went for snow cones.  The last day, we went out for frozen yogurt with Kenzie!


Meredith had been dying to make these little pencil holders for her teachers all year! We saw some like it at a craft show and she wanted to buy them, but I told her we could make them for less money and make them cuter!  But then, life happened and we never did it!  But we finally bought the supplies, so now Ms. Thomas and Mrs. Griffin each have a pot for sharpened and broken pencils personalized by Meredith Ann!

The last day of First Grade!  She is ready for summer.

The last day of first grade also marked my last day of official "Mama and Beans" days.  We spent the morning with her friend, Austin and they enjoyed having a fun play date and I enjoyed spending time with Austin's mama!  Before we headed in to pick Meredith up, I wanted to grab a couple pictures to commemorate the closing of this chapter, too.  I sure have loved my time with Jillian, but I am excited for the summer with both of my girls and for her to get to start up next year as a big kindergartner!
  

No comments: