Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Jillian's Going to Kindergarten Party

Well, over a year since my last post now, but now that I am about to send my baby off to Kindergarten, I am thinking I might have a little time to catch up!  But instead of trying to do that, I am first going to try to just start blogging as I go and then backfill later, so bear with me if you by any chance still follow along on this blog because it may be all out of whack in timeline for awhile!  That being said, my past updates likely won't happen until September, so let's just hope I can keep up with August!

So, as I said, Jillian is headed to Kindergarten in less than one month!  I can't even believe it!  Last week we celebrated with our annual Going to Kindergarten Party.  This started with a playgroup that I joined with Meredith was born.  It was originally a party for 1 or maybe 2 kiddos a year.  This year, we had probably 20 going to kindergartners at the party and another 6 or so that we made goody bags for!  We are so blessed by our church that is full of great families with kids for Meredith and Jillian to grow up with.  A good portion of these going to kindergartners were kids that Jillian has "known" since before she was born.  

We started the party with some fun swimming!
Jillian and her buddy, Cora.  They went to the same preschool (different classes, but they still loved seeing each other), and they have taken dance and gymnastics together for the past two years, too!  
Waiting on the diving board line
 
What fun!
More fun with Cora


 Check out this fun group of kindergarten kiddos filling the Hot Tub!



 FBCA Class of 2027

After swimming, we went inside for a really special time for the kiddos and their mommies!  We always read from Matthew 5:14-16.  "You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." And then we prayed over the kids.  This year, our preschool minister Miss Nanette was at the party and she read the scripture and prayed for us.  

Miss Nanette showing the kids how to hold up their "light"

 Sweet prayer time

After prayer time, everyone in the room who has already been to kindergarten shares the thing they are most excited for the kids to get to do next year!  We also showered the kids with cake and they each took home a goody bag filled with school supplies from their friends.  Again, I am so thankful for this group of mommies and kiddos and can't wait to see what their futures hold!

A special thank you to Anna Cook (Cora's mom) for all the awesome pics!


No comments: