Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Fun Fourth with more to come!



We had a great family day yesterday starting out with upfront seats at the Arlington 4th of July parade - thanks to Becca for getting there way before I even thought of waking up to save our place! Meredith did great and loved all the flags, the bands, and of course the horses (otherwise known as "bahs!")


Meredith showing her love for one of the many Arlington marching bands.



We headed out from the parade a little early to go to Gigi's - we had a party with several of our friends from Church. It was a blast! Everyone brought lunch and we also had a dessert competition. I had grand plans of making "Red, White, and Blue Velvet Cake" but by the time I got around to baking on Thursday night, it seemed too ambitions, so I went with my favorite thing to eat - brownies. I threw a few sprinkles on top to disguise it as patriotic. Luckily my other friends were ambitious, so we had some really great looking cakes and other desserts that were over the top patriotic and were fantastic to eat too!


Yummy desserts! This flag cake in front was actually a really big sugar cookie - ummmm!

Meredith had so much fun at the party - she really enjoys the pool but still prefers to be latched onto me or someone else she trusts. She ventured out yesterday and spent a lot of time hanging out in the hot tub and also the kiddie pool- they were the perfect size for her to feel comfortable without us - of course she was never too far from someone just in case!


Meredith and two of her friends in the baby pool - she used to refer to the twins as Sarah and Sarah, but we had a breakthrough yesterday and they were Rachel and Rachel - guess we will keep working on that.

We are all resting up now and are headed to Southlake pretty soon - time for a Geurin/Sook/Hanks 4th of July Bash - Meredith is excited because she hasn't seen Aunt Sandy (who keeps her when I work during the school year) since my mom started keeping her this May. Hopefully I will have more pictures and stories to share then! Happy Fourth of July everyone!

No comments: