Monday, August 25, 2008

My Super Sweet 2nd: Volume 1

So maybe there wasn't a shiny new Mercedes or some rap group to perform for her 2nd Birthday, but we still had a great time and maybe went a bit overboard - because really, does a 2 year old a full 3 days of celebration? Well, I think Meredith does - she is a very sweet girl and we love her so much, so we love taking a few days out to make it all about Meredith!

Our first celebration was on Saturday. Meredith began coming down with something earlier in the week and by Friday afternoon, I had her into the doctor - who told me, "Yep, looks like her throat hurts, but nothing to do for it. She will probably feel bad until at least Sunday." I went home a little dejected because I didn't want her to feel sick at her party! She ended up getting lots of rest and lots of tylenol and by the time the party started she seemed to be feeling much better!

The night before, my friend (also Krista) came over to "help me" decorate her cake (I put that in quotes, since she did all the hard work!) And they turned out so cute!

The Minnie Mouse matched her invitation and my favorite part are the cupcakes - they had an icing surprise inside!

For the party, we had lots of friends over to Gigi's to swim in the pool. The kids seemed to have a blast until it started raining. Fortunately everyone had gotten to swim for quite a bit, the pizza was about gone and we had even done cake, so if it was going to rain, we couldn't have planned it better!
Meredith's friends hit the pool!

Swinging with Daddy!

I think Landon must be in awe of the big boys jumping off the diving board!

Meredith trying so hard to blow out those candles!


Looks like the cupcakes were a hit with the birthday girl!


No comments: