Monday, August 18, 2008

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep...

One of Meredith's favorite things to do right now is pray - before meals or before bed - it is all great! In fact, sometimes we can't get her to actually get to eating dinner because she just wants to keep saying prayers! Can't complain too much about that I suppose! And I know we will never be able to put her down to sleep without saying prayers with her, because she is quick to remind us that is the next step in the going to sleep process before her head even hits the pillow! Last night, she excitedly reminded me it was time to pray and so I asked her "What would you like to pray for tonight?" Her quick response was "Cake!" I am not really sure if she meant she was hoping God would bless her with cake when she woke up this morning or as Neal predicted, she is praying her cake for her birthday parties this weekend will be tasty, but I decided to interpret that to mean that we should thank God for all the fun treats in life, like Cake. Of course I had to do this through my giggles because I just thought that was too cute!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that's odd - i pray for cake every night too.

Megan said...

Adorable! R loves to say his prayers, too! Just one more thing they have in common...just kidding! ;o)