Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fall Fun

The weather has been a bit cooler (some days, anyway) so Meredith has been spending more and more time outside. She has a tricycle that she loves - she mostly just pushes along with her feet for now, but she starts off pedaling for a bit and loves to move around saying "Pedal, pedal, pedal!"

Enjoying a cooler morning - such a cutie!

We had a big first this week - Meredith saw my old softball glove in the garage and wanted to wear it. She watches Daddy play softball with our church and loves to cheer him on, so she knew just what to do. But then I remembered that Neal's best friend, "Uncle Mike", supplied Meredith with tiny girly sports equipment when she was born. So, I quickly found her little black and pink glove (which is still a bit too big, but much easier for her to handle than the one made for my hand!) and we were set. I told her that Uncle Mike got her the glove and she kept saying "Thank you, Mike, soooo much!" I wished so much that I had Mike's number to call him so she could tell him in person, but I'll just have to make sure he sees this post to know how much fun she had. Daddy got home soon, so I decided to let him teach her a little more about softball since he has been waiting for his chance to teach her his love of sports. She mostly just loved watching him throw the ball "High in the sky, Daddy!" and catching it in his glove, all while she wore hers.

This picture is a little dark, but I think she looks so grown up and like she knows just what she is doing in this picture!

Having a chat about the basics of softball...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awesome! let's hope she has her mom's skillz behind the plate.