Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tiny Dancer

Our family is extremely blessed for so many reasons, and a big one of those reasons is Aunt Sandy. For those of you who don't know about wonderful Aunt Sandy, she takes care of Meredith while I am at work even with hundreds of other things going on in her busy schedule. And she does it wonderfully - Meredith has learned so many things from her in all of the days she has spent with her and Sandy tries to introduce her to new things all the time. The entire Sook family has a love of music, theater and dancing and she has worked to instill this in Meredith, too. That includes a dance class one time a week when Meredith goes to Southlake. Today was parent observation day at dance, and I was able to make it just in time. I loved seeing Meredith in her adorable leotard and tutu and getting to see where she dances and watching the other girls, too. Meredith is a creature of habit, so having me there was maybe a hinderance to her progress in dance, but she is a smart girl, and I think she will pick back up what she might have missed soon!

Aunt Sandy helping Meredith put on her shoes.
A proud mama with her little ballerina.
The whole tap class - oh yeah, and me. Like I said, it took awhile for her to warm up while I was there, so I decided to participate too.

Trying out a move with a little help.
Meredith was actually more excited to move on to ballet - I got to stay by the wall!
The girls think this part is so funny - to get them to reach to their toes the teacher told them to sniff their stinky feet. Too cute that instead of taking her head to her toes, Meredith decided to bring her toes up!
At the end of class, the girls get to tumble - Meredith was definitely fine leaving me to do this one!

3 comments:

Marc and Julie said...

Precious!! She looks so grown up!

Megan said...

She is adorable!! It was great to see you all last night!

Ginny V said...

OH, she is TOO cute!