Monday, September 14, 2009

Belated 4 month stats

So today is actually Jillian's 5 month "birthday" (more on that later) but I never did post her 4 month stats, so although they are late, I wanted to document them anyway!

We went to the doctor on Sept 1 (so she was really 4 1/2 months old, just to complicate things!):

Weight: 15 lbs (70th percentile)
Height: 25 3/4 in (90th percentile)
Head: 45.5 mm (99th percentile)

So again, we had a re-measure of the head to make sure it was right and it was! The doctor said that sometimes that is concerning, so they like to watch it, but he showed me her chart to show me that she had always had a big head (which makes it less concerning) and then as he left he said "And I know first-hand that big heads run in your family." Thanks, I think? At least that made me not worry about the stats! She did not like her shots too much, of course - she was wailing, then would get comforted, and then just suddenly start it back up again - almost like, she forgot that she should be mad for just a minute and then remember that she needed to make sure I felt really bad (it worked, of course!)

We are so blessed to have such a healthy, growing baby girl and could not ask for more!

No comments: