Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Jillian is 5 months old


Yesterday was Jillian's 5 month birthday! This month has been so much fun watching her change and grow into her adorable personality. Some of my favorite moments are watching her light up whenever she watches Meredith. And that love is also shared with our dog, Coki - her eyes can track her four-legged sister like nobody's business! She is so vocal - loves to coo and squeal, somethimes even surprising herself with the noises she can make. Her favorite ways to play are with lots of kisses (this has been a pretty constant fave and one I can't deny her!) and her new one is Peek-a-book. Meredith has joined in the fun in trying to make her laugh by popping out from behind Pinky or blankets whenever she can. Jillian still loves her exersaucer so much, which is a huge help to me, to know she loves to play by herself when my hands are a bit tied. She is watching us eat like we starve her all other times of the day, which I hope is the culprit behind her new wake-up time of 5 or 5:30 - so food us up for this little one next. She is also so mobile! She rolls like crazy sometimes ending up across the room from where I put her without me even turning away and now she is trying so hard to push up to get herself moving. I think she has convinced herself that she really can crawl, she just hasn't made her legs and arms cooperate quite yet. She is very determined and I know that once all her muscles catch up to her mind, we won't be able to stop her!

No comments: