Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Last Mommy/Jillian Day

It was the middle of Wednesday last week when I realized that I needed to not only emotionally prepare for Meredith's last day of school, but also for my last day with just my sweet Beans. For the past two years, she and I have gotten to have lots of great quality time together while Meredith has been at school and I have been so thankful. I remember back to the days when I was at home with Meredith as a tiny baby wondering how I would ever be able to have the same kind of time with another child one day. God was very good to me by allowing me to not only stop working just after Jillian was born to give me more time with both girls, but to also allow us to send Meredith to school. I have treasured those two days with just Jillian. We did everything from just napping together on the couch when she was just a few months old to going to the park or zoo or just running errands and spending time just us two. Next year, we have already signed Jillian up for school, too, which I know will be an amazing experience for her, but I will certainly miss our days of just the two of us.


So, after dropping Meredith off on Thursday, we headed to go feed some ducks, which is always a hit with Jillian!
Looking for some ducks...


There were a lucky few ducks that spotted us and came over for quite a feast! A few more joined them later and then I spotted this really cool big goose that I took Jillian to see. As we got closer, the goose got angry. Then he charged us. As I have probably mentioned before, I have an aversion to birds, so I scooped up a pretty scared Jillian and ran and ran! Probably was hilarious to watch!

After our close call with the crazy goose, we headed to the mall to ride the carousel - much safer!

Jillian went back and forth - first insisting she ride the rabbit, then the cat, but she finally chose the "strich." Again, safest bird of the day!

A little grainy, but still cute!
An M&M cookie - the perfect end to our outing! Plus it was loaded with oranges just for Jillian!

1 comment:

timmonstimes said...

SOOO CUTE! I hope that sweet girl gets well asap. Please keep me posted. Praying for y'all:)