Wednesday, May 25, 2011

M is for...

We are wrapping up Meredith's school year and so this week is full of fun! Throughout the year, they have learned characters to go with each letter that are all a part of the Zippity Zoo. Now that they have learned all 26 letters and characters, they got to choose their favorite, dress up like them, and have a parade. For Meredith, choosing Marvin the Monkey was a no-brainer since they share the letter "M."
Happy monkey! I was excited to use my Christmas present - a sewing machine- for its intended purpose. I kept saying I wanted one to be able to throw together random costumes for the girls - and whatever else came along. So I have had fun with it, but now I got to make a "costume." I sewed a tail and made the ears (I also made a Kangaroo tail and ears for her friend since I had way too much fabric). Landon came to the rescue because I wasn't sure I wanted to tackle making a banana too, but he luckily had this cute one courtesy of Uncle Neil's mad-claw machine skills.
My other monkey needed to be in the picture, too, of course!
When I asked for a shot of Meredith's tail, Jillian needed to take part in that too!
Such sweet girls
At the parade with all her friends
Meredith's Turtle class and teachers

No comments: