Monday, May 9, 2011

These two little girls make me love being a mom. And this year, celebrating Mother's Day was made extra-fun because of Meredith's uncontrollable excitement about the day! Neal took the girls shopping last weekend and she loved keeping my presents a secret (which was a shock to Neal and I both!) We had fun playing a game where I pretended I was going to go peek in the gifts and she would just cackle as she tried to make sure I couldn't - full of tickles and calling for Daddy. Neal was out of town part of last week and all she could talk about was whether or not he was going to be home to celebrate. And she had a countdown. I can't even imagine what she will be like this year as her birthday approaches!

For gifts, Neal and I started taking the girls shopping for our gifts in the Target Dollar Section - which I LOVE. Seriously. This time, Meredith picked out a Easter Egg shaped spatula (so I can make her pancakes) and Jillian got me a ceramic frog, which she was scared of by the time she gave it to me - she wouldn't even give him to me, so Neal had to! The girls also helped Neal pick out some perfume and a sewing kit. But best of all, they served me lunch in bed (because we leave for church too early, there isn't time for breakfast in bed) and I got a great nap!

After we all napped, we got ready to head to Gigi's to celebrate with the family.
Meredith packed lots of things and decided to wear panties on her head. These actually came in handy later, actually.

When we got to Gigi's there were ducks visiting their yard, so we grabbed some bread and went out to visit!
Doing their best duck impressions

Then there was time for cousin bonding!

After dinner, we headed outside and the pool (even though freezing) was irresistible!
A little splashing turned into...
And Jillian splashing quickly enticed the other two to join her too!
I have lots of embarrassing pictures of Meredith from this pool fun (and Landon, too.) But this is the only one I will share here - the others I will save for our own personal use later! Here, the girls were just dunking bits of their hair, while Meredith pretended she was being baptized. And now you might understand why I was glad we had her earlier worn head-gear.
Jillian took a break from splashing to steal her sister's shoes.
And then a little sunning.

I am so blessed to be a mom of these two girls and to have a great husband that is so encouraging and understanding! Thanks for celebrating with me!

No comments: