Monday, February 25, 2013

And A Half Birthday

For some reason, Meredith got really excited about her "And a half" birthday this year - she kept telling us how much longer until it was her "and a half birthday," reminding us constantly!  I got a little worried that she expected it to be something super exciting!  For both girls we did a fun family dinner when they were each 6 months old, but since then, no one has ever celebrated being "and a half" anything!  So, on a whim, I decided to bake her a half cake just for fun!

 I told her I had a surprise, so she had to cover her eyes!

 I think she liked it!  Although, later, she admitted she thought it was a puppy!  She did confirm for me later, that the cake was a really good surprise, though.


 Introducing, my baking assistant, Jillian
 Jillian helped me to decorate it with the turtle and the M and J on the sides
We even found her 6 candle and stuck a single candle in really far "so it looked like 1/2." Now, what have I started????

No comments: