Friday, February 22, 2013

Sock hop

Meredith's school has lots of fun traditions, including an annual Sock Hop!  I made the girls each a skirt and had actually found mine that my Grandma made for me at some point maybe in Elementary school? I know that sounds ridiculous that I could wear it, but I promise that it was let out several times over the years to fit me as I grew!  I had some insider tips that parents dressed up, so we went with it!





Of course, as we arrived, I saw no parents dressed up.  I was starting to feel like an awkward junior high girl!  Luckily, there were a few others of us that dressed the part.  Such a fun night - lots of dancing (to both sock hop-approved music and some more questionable hits from Fergie and the like!), plus snacks, and a hula hooping contest!

No comments: