Sunday, February 24, 2013

Run for Hope Half Marathon

The next day was my turn!  I was excited especially because there was a big group of us all doing this race together and for such a great family!  This race was an amazing experience for me overall - there were around 30 people running in one of the 4 races (5K, 10K, half, and full marathon) and lots of us did our long (and even short) training runs together, we had a fun text message string going on throughout the months of training, we had a huge French Toast Breakfast party, and a carb loading dinner the night before the race.  So, I got to know so many of these other runners throughout this time that it just became so much more than just a run.  Then, to top it all off, we ended up raising over $14K - wow.  Such a rewarding thing to do!

 The girls were ready with signs for me!

 When I saw them, I decided to take a quick breather for a hug!
 At the finish line!
Just a portion of the Half Marathoners that morning!

No comments: