Thursday, October 15, 2009

Jillian is 6 months old



How am I already writing that Jillian is half way through her first year? This has been an amazing 6 months with an amazing little girl. We have had lots of fun this month introducing her to new foods - peas and beans are huge favorites but she has seemed to like all the veggies that I have introduced so far - on to fruits next month!

As long as I am not far away, we have been doing some great sitting practice. And the big news is she is on the move with lots of creeping and rolling. She has such determination to get to whatever toy (typically something Meredith left behind) happens to be close. Meredith isn't quite too sure about this new accomplishment yet, but Jillian is pretty proud of herself!

So excited to have made it across the room to grab sister's glasses!

We have had some victories with sleep this month by getting her to sleep swaddle-free. But she is now waking up a little earlier all the time - she just eats and goes right back to sleep until the rest of the family is getting up, but I do long for those earlier months when she was sleeping through the night. I keep thinking that it was great for her to choose to sleep better when I was working and would not have been able to function on such fragmented sleep, so I am thankful for that and I know this is just a period of time that I will miss someday too (I think!)

Jillian and I are enjoying our days with just us two when Meredith is off at school - we love to just cuddle and take naps together and of course play! But Jillian's favorite time of the day seems to be our nightly bedtime routine - after stories, Meredith rides on Daddy's back like a horse and then insists Jillian and I be bunnies. She giggles and talks with every bunny hop. Then we head to Meredith's bed for songs and neither girl can wait for "Rock-a-bye Baby" where we act out the song with motions and lots and lots of laughter. We are such a blessed family!


1 comment:

Kay Steiger said...

I can't believe that she is 1/2 year old! Sucha neat thing to blog it all.