Friday, March 12, 2010

Yee Haw!


A few weeks ago Meredith's class had Cowboy day complete with a cookout over a "campfire". To fully appreciate this story, you have to know that for the past several months, Meredith has been adamant that she is going to be a firefighter when she grows up. She wants to drive the truck and have a fire dog. She has even decided that Daddy should be a firefighter when he "grows up" too so they can live at the fire house together. So, when we started trying to put together her outfit, Meredith told me, "Mama, I don't want to be a cowgirl. I want to be a firefighter when I grow up!" I told her that she could still be a cowgirl for the day if she wanted, to which she replied "But there is going to be a campfire, so I will be the firefighter to put out the fire!" I gave her points for creativity, but convinced her she could be a firefighter cowgirl. She gave in and let me dress her in boots, a hat, and a new bandana (green of course!) On the way to school, I told her she was a super cute cowgirl, to which she said "Yeah, but I still want to be a firefighter."

No comments: