Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dance and Tumble Observation

I look forward to the last dance class of each month because that means that parents get to comes see what the girls have learned. And this time was the first time I got to observe Miss Jillian tumbling!

I started off watching Meredith in tap

They showed us their dance they are working on for Holiday Magic - dancing to "Elmo Wants a Hippopotamus for Christmas."

Next up...ballet!

In case it has been awhile since you have done ballet, this is 1st position. Well, Meredith's version, anyway.

Then I headed across the hall to see Jillian. She is still crying when I leave her at tumbling and I still hear her cry on some days at different points through the class, so I was not sure how this would go. The teacher has still encouraged me that she is doing well - either getting over it quickly or just doing the tumbling through tears! But, having me in the room with her, I was sure would throw her off...

And I was right! She was fine if she could sit in my lap, but as soon as it was her turn to go, she cried for me. She did do all the things she was supposed to just protested a bit! I am really impressed with all they have learned!

No comments: