Friday, October 22, 2010

Jillian is 18 months old




How is that possible?? Our whole family is just loving this time with her - she is so fun! Some of her favorite things are books - she will stop anything to read one, she loves all kinds of animals and impersonating them, too, of course or telling them "shhh" when they are sleeping, and has an obsession with babies - she spots them everywhere! She loves to climb and go down slides...sometimes giving me near heart attacks! I am really going to have to watch out on this, too, since she learned to climb out the dog door to our backyard. Yeah! She is shaping up to be a girly-girl, loving to steal jewelry from Gigi's arms or adding it from our dress-up box as well as loading herself down with purses and bags. Jillian is also a big fan of praying at meal times. Even before any of us can think about it, she has her arms extended so we can hold hands and starts singing "Gaaaa..." (as in "God our Father...") She really loves to sing in general (and dance, too, of course) and on top of that, the girl can whistle! She started that several months ago - which really impressed me because I STILL can't whistle.

Her vocabulary is growing and growing...favorite words are "mine" (yeah!), "go, go, go" (to the Rangers or at Meredith's soccer games and practice), "baayy-bee" (baby), "aayyee" (as she pokes you in the eye!), "lide" (when we get anywhere near the park), and "duck, duck, duck" (especially in our duck themed bathroom). Luckily for my little photo habit, Jillian is also into posing and saying "Cheeese" for me, too! She also loves calling out to her favorite people - she gets really excited when she goes to my parent's house - and yells out excitedly "PAAWW PAAWW!" She also loves spending time with her best friend, Caleb, who she calls "Bub Bub."

Best of all, I just love how much she loves Meredith (who she now mostly calls "sissy") and how much Meredith loves her too. Don't get me wrong...there are fights over toys or whose turn it is to do something, but they really just love being around each other and doing what the other does. I am so blessed by these two little girls in my life! :)

No comments: