Thursday, February 17, 2011

I guess it was inevitable...

Tonight, Jillian was not too happy with my decision to not rock her until the morning. Even though I rocked her for even longer than normal, she was upset when I went to put her down. Really upset. I tried to walk out of the room, but turned around to see....

And soon after, the other leg made it over and she was only slightly hesitant to jump. Neal and I took her down before that could happen, then quickly removed the side and added a railing to keep her from rolling out in the middle of the night. I kept saying that I was surprised she had made it this long without trying to do this, but at the same time - I WAS NOT PREPARED! Needless to say, even after the bed adjustments, she was still not interested in going to bed. So she decided to jump the railing (even though there is an opening at the end that she could easily crawl out of!) so we took that down too and just left her in her room to try to let her know we were serious about going to sleep (since it was 2 hours past bed time after we got to this point.) There was lots of putting her back in her room and many times where I had to sit on my hands to not just go in and scoop her up. Not surprisingly, we went in after the tears had quieted down to find this...

After tucking her in, we added the railing back on to keep her from rolling out, just hoping she doesn't try to jump before I can get to her in the morning!


No comments: