Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Much Fun!

After three days of being stuck in with ice, we were really excited that if we had another day at home, at least there was now snow to play in! And lots of it! We, of course, had gotten out for a bit on Tuesday, but the ice is just only so much fun...and this was oh-so-pretty!

The snow still wasn't quite sticky enough for snowballs, but Meredith had lots of fun trying!
Against my better judgment, I let Jillian join our excursion - she has a pretty nasty cough, but I knew she would hate watching Sissy and Daddy playing without her.
An attempt at a one-sided snowball fight. Luckily for Jillian, I called her off-limits.
Coki was actually happy to be the main target of the snow balls - she loves snow!
Snow angel time!
My little snow Bear!

We watched some big kids try to sled down our street after breakfast, so Meredith was anxious to try out the Bilibos we got for Christmas (that have lots of uses - most of which are user-imagined, but one that they suggest is a sled-ish thing). We have a pretty steep driveway, so we were excited to give it a try!
Scoping out our sled hill

Meredith was first up and was excited to try it over and over!
Jillian thought she wanted to try, but then wasn't so excited when she got into her Bilibo
Daddy helped her down anyway
And scooped her up when she was done!
Daddy's turn! He tried this way and also by sitting in one and putting his feet in the other.
Jillian's look explains it all - "Daddy, you are crazy!"
And now I think there is a hint of "I tried to tell you" in that look.
Meredith still insisted that she try out the street like the big kids... we tried to tell her that our driveway was steeper, so better, but she knew those kids must have been on to something.

Even though her look doesn't really seem to show it, she had a blast!
Jillian and Mommy are ready to go in to the warm!
First, Daddy found a new use for the Bilibo - a huge snow fight!
Before going in for hot chocolate, Meredith made sure that we cleaned off Daddy's car.

Now let's see some sun and some warmer weather! I have always said I love snow but I only want it once a year. So I am set until next year!

No comments: