Monday, December 5, 2011

Jillian's first Dance Performance

Jillian got her chance to show off all she has learned in ballet at this year's Holiday Magic. Her class of two year olds have a very cute dance to Jingle Bells. Even though I had gotten to check out her dancing several times, I had yet to see her actually perform her routine - at least when she was "supposed" to. She will do it on a whim if she hears Jingle Bells, just not if someone is asking her to, so I wasn't expecting her feet to even move, which was good, since they really didn't. But it didn't keep me from being super proud of her for standing up there on the stage with so many people in the audience and still smiling!
So promising with all these smiles, but I really am not convinced she budged from this spot.
Let me be fair...she did move her hands so that she could pick her nose. For a decent amount of time.
And she stared down her neighbor who was traumatized with this experience and cried the whole time.
But she ended with lots more smiles!

No comments: