Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Morning

We had such a fun and relaxing Christmas morning at home. First up, of course, was running out to see what Santa had left for us!
First, off Jillian's list to Santa was her hippo! Of course, I was a little concerned, because although she had never been specific as to what hippo she hoped Santa would bring, on the way to Gigi's on Christmas Eve, Jillian also mentioned that she thought Santa would bring her a barn to keep her hippo in and carrots to feed her hippo. So, I was a little concerned that Santa might be on the same wave length and bring a real hippo. Luckily, he didn't and she wasn't disappointed.
Meredith was super excited that Santa wrote the girls a note. Although, she was very confused as to how he finds a pen and paper.
Santa came through on Jillian's other big request - Dora Fruit Snacks! Again, the week before Christmas, Jillian added in that she wanted Santa to bring Hippo fruit snacks. I looked into getting her some since it was so late, so I figured Santa might not have time...and believe it or not, there are no fruit snack jungle animals or anything that I could find. Obviously, Santa couldn't either with such short notice, but Jillian was very happy with Dora!
Meredith got this super cool car for Rebecca to drive - Maddie can even ride in it and they love to add a book on top to take other animal friends for rides!
Jillian had also asked for a new purple dinosaur. She has gotten these tiny plastic dinosaurs out of a quarter machine at CiCi's pizza a few times and we have lost her purple one. She even used to insist he come to school and stay in her backpack. From the looks of it, Santa used about $2 worth of quarters in that machine and got no purples - I am thinking he was out of money and a bit frustrated at this point, so he was hoping she would love the rest, luckily, she was thrilled!

So, it looks like we had 2 very good little girls at our house this year, although Jillian was quite insistent that she was on the "Naughty List" (which I think she was quoting from the Dora Christmas episode). She even claimed it was because she hit her friend at church. I kept assuring her she was not naughty, but she didn't quite buy it! She was so super excited about everything from Santa, and she would say "Santa brought this to me! Thank you soooo much, Santa Claus, that is soooo nice of you!"


Next up, we had a fun breakfast of mini doughnuts (that we made to look like snowmen and reindeer) and homemade Kolaches (that I tried out making for the first time) and Cinnamon Rolls from Aunt Katie. Then, it was on to see some fun presents from our family! The girls got several fun things at our house - lots of hippos for Jillian, a horse for each of their dolls, and these stuffed animals I made (a hippo and a turtle, of course!) Neal was able to just totally surprise me by taking the first year of my blog and having it printed to a book - it was something I had been wanting to do forever and was just too overwhelmed to ever take on. He spent hours and hours doing it and I was so happy! I balled like a baby - probably harder than I remember crying in a long time. The girls were so confused - Meredith kept asking why I would cry if I was happy and Jillian kept offering to let me hold her doll to comfort me! I felt like the suitcase I got Neal was pretty lame after that, but hopefully he will enjoy it on all of his business trips!
The girls are posing with the stuffed animals I made them
And then being silly with them!


At one point earlier this fall, I decided I was going to try to make a ton of the girl's presents. It ended up that I made them each their animals and I made this puppet show theater too. It is a little rough up close, but they had fun playing puppets on Christmas morning (or Jillian, here, actually, was the puppet herself!)
Daddy had lots of fun with his present from Santa - a set of 3 Nerf guns!
S0 much fun!

No comments: