Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy Birthday, Jesus!!

We went into Christmas weekend with a special baking task - Jesus' birthday cake. Meredith still has most of the creative control in this house (for now...I am guessing Jillian will put in a little more input in the upcoming years!) So, she of course, chose green icing. Then she wanted me to duplicate a drawing of a manger we have on a Christmas decoration at our house. I have a few cake tools, but not what you might need to draw yourself a baby Jesus. All that in mind, I am not too ashamed of how he turned out, since I ended up going the route that gave me the least amount of tools to clean up - just an old fashioned table knife.


Wow. Look at those sprinkles! Can you guess that I got to throw away several empty cans of sprinkles after this project?

No comments: