Monday, October 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Daddy!

A few weeks ago, we got to fill several days full of celebrating Daddy!  We kicked it off on Thursday (his actual birthday) with donuts for breakfast and then we went out to a fun pizza place near us for dinner.  When we got home, we did our traditional Hostess Cupcake birthday celebration.  I realized this year, that I started this tradition for Neal when I lived in Jester Dorms our first year dating, so there have been 15 years of these cupcakes between us!  That first year, I wanted to sing to him with a cake, but didn't have a way to make one.  I bought a 2 pack of cupcakes instead and sang to him in the study room.  Each year after that, even when I could bake him a cake, I found a way to get him a Hostess, too.  I've even packed them in suitcases when we lived in different cities or when he was traveling on his birthday. He says he forgets every year until I pull them out, but then has fun reminiscing.  The girls love it, too - and always think about Daddy's birthday when we see them at the store.  I didn't start this tradition on purpose, but I am glad it happened!  


Love my silly family!

We kept celebrating with a date night to our favorite Mexican restaurant on Friday night, then lunch with his family on Saturday, a night out with friends Saturday night, and then dinner with my family on Sunday.  I am tired just typing all that out!  Luckily, he deserves every minute of that! :)

No comments: