Monday, October 29, 2012

We're Not in Kansas Anymore

This year as Halloween approached, the girls toyed around with a few costume ideas, but then somehow Dorothy came up.  One girl liked that idea (I am not even sure who it was first!) and I suggested the other be Toto, or Glenda, or someone else from the movie.  But both girls set their heart on Dorothy, so we decided there was nothing wrong with 2 Dorothy's! I found a cute idea for making a Dorothy costume online that I thought my limited sewing skills could handle and then worked on the accessories.  Neal decided that he would be the Tin Man for his work Halloween party and, so that I wouldn't be left out, I decided to try to put together a Glenda costume.  Luckily, Aunt Sandy has so many fancy dressed my costume was a breeze!

Each year, we attend our church's event, First Fest, that includes Trunk or Treating.  This year, they needed extra cars, so Neal and I decided we would volunteer.  I talked him into using our costumes and I figured out a way to make our car look like Oz and we were good to go!  We really had a blast and we got some really good responses to our car and costumes, so I am so glad we did it!  Plus, the girls loved that the whole family participated!

 The girls posing in front of the Emerald City and the Yellow Brick Road


 Two of the prettiest Dorothy's you ever did see!


 The girls and their sweet Daddy
 We ran into the girls' friend, Kaitlyn, who was an equally cute Dorothy!


 I loved this set of pics - I didn't get to see the girls get to enjoy all the festivities this year because we were at the car, but I did get a little time to see Jillian take on this massive bounce structure.  I loved watching that fluffy tutu make its way through the obstacle course!

 Our Oz family!

 After the girls took their turn Trunk or Treating, they took some time to help us hand out candy.  This helped our theme tremendously, because I got lots of "Oh, you are a bride/princess" I guess before they saw the car and Neal.  And then, sadly, we had lots of people call ME Dorothy.  Neal suggested that we should encourage everyone to watch this movie more closely next time!
 Meredith and Hannah
Such a fun First Fest!

No comments: